Windows are a fire vulnerability. Cheap way to fireproof. Continue reading Shutter Flush
Why is open source building cool?
Open source resources – architects, design library. Where to find designs.
Did you know that style matters?
For most folks ecological footprint takes second place is second to comfort otherwise we’d all keep our thermostats at 33 degrees!
Goal. A basic guide of how to develop a finance-worthy structure. This matters because if you ever need to sell your house, you will have a much bigger audience if people can borrow money to buy it.
- Earthship is an un-financeable because bankers perceive it’s made of trash
- Features that make a premium design
- The economics of simplicity
- After it’s built – how much it cost to build doesn’t matter
After Market Provisioning for the builder on a budget: Continue reading Ultra Shoppers Guide
Solar roof amplifies sun at least 160%. Continue reading Too hot to trot – Super Solar Roof
Exemplary Features :
- Large Scale Hot water
- Large scale refrigeration
- Solar oven driven from Roof
- Most solar used for refrigeration
- Waste heat from refrigeration is used
Use of growing platforms to utilize loft area of greenhouse. Catwalks are expensive and expensive to make safe. Move the plants. Continue reading Plants Aloft
Added a swingwall to the upper loft to enable us to have pineapple and other plants outside in summer but winter inside. Continue reading Yep…. Migrating Trees
Hinged walls to enable tractor operation throughout house to pour concrete, dig trenches, and heavy lifting.